Actually There Wrestling

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excellence Meets Consistency.

Revolution 4-1

The Brief
    The Brief

Revolution 4-1 Empty Revolution 4-1

Post  The Brief Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:41 am

-The show opens up with a video recapping last Sunday’s matches and where things are heading going into Battle Lines in four weeks. After the intro video, a match graphic comes onto screen showing the match that was previously announced for the Women’s Championship. The announcers talk about what a historic moment this is in FSW history as two female competitors are getting the chance to show what they can do in the Main Event, when the viewership will be highest. Before the commentators can finish the music of David Otunga went off as the newest member of the FSW roster walked onto stage wearing khakis and an argyle sweater. “I am out here by the wishes of Revolution General Manager John Laurinaitis.” The crowd boos at the name. “He wanted me to inform all of his loyal fans that he unfortunately is not here tonight, but he has asked me to run the show in his stead. And my first order of business is to-” Michael Cole walks up behind Otunga and puts a hand on his shoulder, “David, I am sorry to be informing you that you will not, in fact, be running Revolution tonight.” He turns to address the crowd. “I received a phone earlier today from the ‘higher ups’ informing me that Mr. Laurinaitis will not be here tonight, as his meeting with them was not going over so well. They told me that since I have shown an interest in using my Business Management Degree, that I am Revolution’s interim General Manager for the night.” The crowd pops loud for this. Otunga looks like he’s about to argue, but Cole cuts him off. “David, if I were you, I wouldn’t be so worried about getting your power taken away and I’d be worried about your opponent. Oh, and he’s a little peeved about being suspended for two months. Everyone have a good show.” He turns to walk to the back and then acts like he remembers something, “I almost forgot, David, you match is right now.” Otunga is infuriated, but prevents risking punishment and makes his way down to the ring. He takes off his sweater and waits for his opponent. The music hits and out walks Dolph Ziggler, fresh off of suspension. The majority of the crowd is silent, however there are a few audible boos to the man who once attacked James Storm pre-match.

-Singles Match
    David Otunga v. Dolph Ziggler
    -The match starts with Otunga rushing in trying to use his power to shove Ziggler into the corner, but Ziggler is too quick and slides behind. He lands a perfect dropkick to the back of the head of Laurinaitis’ stooge who runs into the turnbuckle and bounces off into a Jumping Reverse Bulldog from Ziggler, who ends the match just as quickly as it began.
    -Winner: Dolph Ziggler

-Back from commercial, Josh Matthews is standing by with Dolph Ziggler, who is all smiles. “Dolph, firstly, welcome back to Revolution. It looks like you’re having some fun.” “You’re damn right I’m having fun. You think sitting at home watching Charlie Haas run his mouth on weekly basis is anything to write home about? Screw that. I enjoy doing what I do best, and that’s wrestling, posing for the crowd, and most importantly, winning.” “You seem to have turned a leaf here, or do you only attack your opponent from behind when you lose?” “yeah, I did that, and I’m man enough to admit it. It was a calculated risk on my part and it backfired on me. I got suspended and now I’m back. Some people say that failure is your biggest coach, and I take that proverb to heart. And that’s what the entire locker room needs to be concerned with. If I have a weakness, I’ll find it first. And by the time you know what that weakness is, I’ve already made it my strength.” “As David Otunga just found out, right?” “No, Mark, David Otunga is just a bad wrestler, who beat an even worse wrestler to win his job as Laurinaitis’ main stooge. We all knew this match was. I go out and embarrass Otunga to the crowd’s enjoyment, let the world know I’m back, and to stake my intentions here on Revolution. Nothing more.” “Well, Dolph, what are your intentions now that you’re back?” “Number one on my checklist of things to do is to win the Championship that I was suspended trying to win. After that... I don’t know Josh, I’m not a multi-tasker. I have one focus, one goal. And when I accomplish that, I’ll move onto something more challenging. That’s what I do and that’s what people are going to soon learn. I am already a damn good wrestler. Unfortunately for everyone else, I am always improving and am not even close to peaking yet.” “Well thank you for your time and go celebrate your victory.” “Later Mark.” Josh Matthews looks at Dolph Ziggler as he walks away. ‘My name... is Josh,” he says when Ziggler is out of earshot.

-The commentators tell us that they have received news from Interim General Manager Michael Cole: That he has set up three huge matches for the night, not including the Women’s Championship Match. A graphic goes on the titantron that shows Charlie Haas will take on Randy Orton in a Path to Glory Semi-Final rematch. In tag team action, new Number One Contenders Austin Aries & Dean Ambrose will face Evan Bourne & Jack Evans (newly rechristened as “Altitude 990”). And finally, new Revolution World Champion Brodus Clay requested a match versus anybody, wanting to increase his winning streak. Michael Cole granted his wish, pitting him against the World Warrior, Senshi. The first match up will be the Tag Team Match.

-Tag Team Match
    Altitude 990 v. Austin Aries & Dean Ambrose
    -Evan Bourne started this match off against Austin Aries, who looked ready to square off with a more game opponent than Paul Heyman. Bourne & Evans proved to be just the opponents to get them ready for their Tag Team Championship Match at Battle Lines, as Altitude 990 used a wide array of tag team moves to keep the bigger and more technically sound opponents at bay. When Aries and Ambrose start countering moves, Evans & Bourne started going to the air, which did wear down Ambrose, but Aries was also a high-flyer, and stronger than both members of the opposing team. In the end, the all-around wrestling of Aries proved too much, as he pulled out a submission move, he called the Horns of Aries in the indies, that no one on Revolution had seen yet. It caught Jack Evans off-guard who tapped quickly, not knowing how to counter out.
    -Winners: Austin Aries & Dean Ambrose

-Revolution Tag Team Champions Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin are standing backstage with Josh Matthews as we come back from commercial. “Guys, there are several things on your plate at the moment, as a team and individually. Do you think that it will start taking its toll on you soon?” Charlie answered first, “I’m not sure I’m following you, Josh. Why don’t you be a little more specific. Please, I’m begging you.” “Well, besides the fact that you have to worry about Austin Aries and Dean Ambrose gunning after your Tag Team Championships, you also are in Dolph Ziggler’s sights. As I’m sure you heard, Ziggler’s number one goal now that he’s back is to go after your United States Championship. You also have mentioned that you want to compete for the World Title soon. And now you have to focus on Randy Orton tonight, who is a very good wrestler. Perhaps you’re doing to much. I mean, look what happened to Shelton Benjamin and his intercontinental Championship that now rests around the waist of Justin Gabriel.” And this Shelton grabs Josh’s collar, looking angry. But before he can do anything, Aries & Ambrose walk up, with Aries saying, “Whoa whoa there big guy. Just put the small interviewer down... That’s it easy does it...” Charlie Haas doesn’t take the bait, “And you think we should be terrified of you now?” Ambrose, “Actually, yeah. I hope you saw how we’ve taken care of business not only tonight, but last Sunday. Which, if I may add, is more than ‘some’ people.” He made sure to look at Shelton when he said it. Haas came back with, “Yeah, you’re right. Good job. You just beat two teams that have the combined experience of one whole month. Wow, I’m super scared now. I don’t know how we can win, Shelton. We may as well give them the Titles now...” Benjamin isn’t in the mood for jokes, but they both walk away, unintimidated.

-When the show returns from commercial and the screen is split vertically and on either side it shows both participants in the Women’s Championship Match scheduled for the Main Event. Natalya Neidhart is doing push-ups in the screen on the left, listening to Tyson Kidd as he talked strategy. On the right, Tiffany is seen talking to two guys and a woman who we haven’t seen before. She looks to be in a serious mood, knowing that Natalya can in fact beat her.

-Singles Match
    Charlie Haas w/ Shelton Benjamin v. Randy Orton
    -The match is very even as both men trade control of the match for well over ten minutes. Haas counters every major move that Orton throws at him and vice-versa. Near the fifteen minute mark, Orton lands an RKO out of nowhere, but Haas rolls out of the ring. Orton slides out but is caught with a clothesline from Haas, who had a burst of energy. Both men stay down until a count of eight, when finally Orton rolls Haas back in the ring and gets back in himself. When Orton tries to pick Haas up, his legs are caught and twisted as he falls to the ground, locked into the Haas of Pain in the center of the ring. Orton raises his hand about to tap. He brings it down, but uses it as leverage to roll his shoulder get on his back. When Orton makes it to his feet, he ducks a clothesline from Haas and hits him with the Reverse Backbreaker. Orton then stands up and immediately flings himself back down to the ground, pounding his fists on the mat, stalking Haas. When Charlie finally makes it up to his feet Orton grabs his neck, and lands an RKO. Orton goes for the pin, but it is broken up by Muhammad Hassan, who came through the crowd. The official rings the bell for the disqualification, but the fighting doesn’t stop.
    -Winner: Randy Orton via DQ

-Hassan pulls Orton up, but receives an RKO for his actions. When he stands up, Haas is helped up by Shelton Benjamin. They look at each other before Haas puts finger in Orton’s face saying, “Don’t expect to ever beat me again. You got lucky the first time, and I was about to kick out now.” Orton doesn’t take kindly to this and attempts his fourth RKO of the night, only to be shoved off straight into a Paydirt. Haas wastes no time in locking in the Haas of Pain and cranking it until the crowd starts to cheer. Shelton looks around and sees Austin Aries and Dean Ambrose running down to make the save. Ambrose slides in the ring first and receives a Paydirt, laying him out. Aries launches himself and breaks up the submission hold Haas has on Orton. For his troubles, Aries gets a Paydirt. Haas, goes over and locks in the Haas of Pain on Aries until officials and security run down to control the chaos. Haas wrenches free of the officials and storms up the stage, finally as angry as his tag team partner.

-Senshi is walking through the hallway on the way to his match, followed by a distressed looking Paul Heyman. “Why did you volunteer for this match? You’re not ready.” “Paul, I took you on as my manager so that you could get me higher on the totem pole than I was. Honestly, I think because of you I’m lower. I was winning my matches, I was sure to be a contender for the United States Championship, then you came in and wanted me to be ‘Extreme’, and where did that get me? A tag team match with you as my partner. Don’t get me wrong, Paul, you are a good friend, but a wrestler you are not. So now, I’m coming off of a loss, and you didn’t get me a match tonight. Where does that leave me? So, I saw an opening and I took it.” Paul got angry at that. “You listen to me: you want to prove yourself, that’s fine. I support you for wanting to move up in this company. But I refuse to go out there and watch you get slaughtered by Brodus Clay. I won’t do it. I’ll be here when you get back.” Senshi stared and Heyman and mulled over his words before turning away and heading to the stage...

-Singles Match
    Brodus Clay v. Senshi
    -In a match that the Revolution World Champion thought would be a squash, Senshi held his own. Brodus Clay almost doubled Senshi’s weight, but could not put the World Warrior away. Senshi worked his usual stiff style, landing vicious leg kicks, further the damage to the knee that Wade Barrett did at Desperate Measures. This strategy seemed to work for a time, with Senshi actually getting a two-count from a pin. Brodus Clay would not let his opponent have control for long, and got his motor running, tossing Senshi around like a ragdoll. With Senshi standing helpless in the corner, Clay attempted a Big Body Splash, only to have Senshi land a brutal dropkick to the left knee of the Champion in mid-air. Brodus tumbled, landing nearly upside-down on his shoulder. The crowd came alive for Senshi, who started to believe that Brodus could be beat. This is when Paul Heyman walked onto the stage and down the ramp, grinning from ear to ear. Clay rose to his knees as Senshi puts his hands together as if in prayer and landed a brutal kick to the temple of the Revolution World Champion. The crowd explodes as Senshi uses all his strength to turn Clay on his back. He then lays on the Champion, about to pull off a major upset, but Paul Heyman gets onto the apron holding a steel chair and yelling at Senshi to come and get it. The referee never starts the pin and tries to get Heyman back to the ground. Senshi stands up and walks over to Heyman yelling at him to get down. Heyman drives to put the chair into Senshi’s hand but the World Warrior shoves it away, and knocking Heyman down in the process. Senshi turns his attention back to Brodus Clay only to get planted with the Claymore for the win.
    -Winner: Brodus Clay

-Brodus Clay is walking back to his locker room when he is approached by Josh Mathews, “Brodus, no one has been able to get a word out of you since you won the Revolution World Championship. Congratulations on your victory.” Brodus grabs his hand with the mic still in it. “Spare me, Josh. You obviously did not run me down to give me your personal congratulations. Get to the point.” “As you will. The buzz here backstage is that you asked for a match do defend your undefeated streak. What everyone is wondering is, why? Is being World Champion not enough?” “Is it enough, Josh? Simply put, no. I expected to win the World Championship. And I did. I won the Title within five weeks of my debut. And I did so without a Tournament that only lasts four weeks. I ran through everyone that got in my way: Leakee, Tyson Kidd, Jack Evans, Randy Orton, James Storm, and Wade Barrett. What do I have left to prove here? The way I see it, as long as I’m undefeated, then I am still World Champion. The man that holds the biggest Title on the brand usually is looking over his shoulder, watching his back because challengers are all around. They are paranoid. I don’t look over my shoulder. I’m not afraid of a one-on-one fight simply because no one can beat me here. That has been made blatantly obvious in my month tenure here. So every week until I am beaten, I am going to stand in the middle of that ring, and let anyone who wants a chance to make themselves famous come out and fight me. I don’t care if it’s Randy Orton, Charlie Haas, or Natalya Neidhart. Anyone is welcome to try and take me out.” “Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Another question, if you don’t mind: Why did you feel the need to attack James Storm before his United States Championship Match last Sunday? You seem to be more of a more complicated guy than being John Laurinaitis’ personal bodyguard...” Brodus Clay takes a second to consider his answer, but former Revolution World Champion Wade Barrett walks up and gets in the new Champ’s face, “I have a rematch. And I will win my belt back. At battle Lines.” Brodus takes a step back, “Alright then. Try and put up a bigger fight this time.” He turns around and walks into his room without answering Josh’s last question.

-The bell rings and ring announcer Justin Roberts says, “Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for your Revolution Main Event! This is a Singles Match scheduled for one-fall, and it is for your FIve Star Wrestling WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP!” The lights turn off and the Titantron comes to life. Till I Collapse by Eminem starts playing over the PA System, and Natalya Neidhart is shown sitting in a dark talking to an interviewer. “Why do I think I’m going to win? Because I’ve already beaten her once.” The screen fades to black and Tiffany is in the room. She says, “I’m going to win because she’s already beaten me once. Pretty easily, as I’m sure everyone saw. She thinks it’s going to be a cakewalk. And I’m to let everyone know, it’s not.” As Eminem starts his intro, the video shows clips of their match from last week, including Natalya Neidhart pinning the Women’s Champion in the middle of the ring. When the first verse begins, the video alternates, between showing video of the two women wrestling in indy promotions, and rising up to win in each company that they are both at. As the chorus starts, It shows both women receiving their phone calls the minute they were drafted and they’re reactions. As the second verse begins, it shows both women’s battles in FSW Developmental. As the second chorus runs, the Women’s short history on Revolution plays, including Tiffany’s loss. The words of the song start to get quieter as we see Natalya again, “Look, I get that I have only been on Revolution once, and Tiffany one month. I know the kind of pressure we are under to deliver.” Then Tiffany, “We are here to show the world that women’s wrestling is more than just a bathroom break. That we can wrestle.” Natalya, “We are under the spotlight now. If we don’t produce a great match, then we have set ourselves back only God knows how long.” Tiffany, “I know that we have to prove to every single person watching that women do deserve time on a wrestling show. But at the end of the day, it’s all about keeping my Women’s Championship. Is that worth risking the whole division? Yeah, I think it is.” Natalya, “Women can wrestle. I know this. But the point of being here and in this match is to win the Women’s Championship” The song ends, the lights come back on and Natalya Neidhart’s music begins to play...

-Women’s Championship - Singles Match
    Natalya Neidhart v. Tiffany (c)
    -Natalya comes out of the back and walks down to the ring, smiling. She gets in the ring and waits for the Champion. Tiffany walks from behind the curtain onto the stage. She holds up her Championship belt and walks down the ramp with her belt held high. After the “Championship Introductions” the official rings the bell to get this heavily hyped match underway... They close in on each other, as Tiffany tries to kick Natalya in the gut. Natalya catches the kick and flips her backwards, but Tiffany lands on her feet. natalya runs at her with and attempts a Clothesline. Tiffany ducks it, bounces off the ropes, and lands Dropkick that sends Natalya out of the ring. When Natalya stands back up on the apron, Tiffany gives her another Dropkick, sending her back down. Tiffany climbs to the top turnbuckle and waits for her challenger to stand up before launching herself all the way down and connecting with a Crossbody. Tiffany immediately tosses Neidhart back into the ring and goes for a pin, but only gets a two count. When Natalya stands up, Tiffany goes for a Clothesline, but Natalya ducks and gives her own to the Champion. Natalya takes full control by picking Tiffany up, pressing her over her head, and dropping her behind her. Tiffany crawls to the corner, but is immediately hit with a Running Hip Bump, seemingly snapping her neck back. Natalya picks up her opponent, but is hit with several elbows to the face followed by a Lou Thez Press from Tiffany. The Champion stands up after several punches to the head of Natalya and throws her hands up in satisfaction. The crowd takes the chance to boo the “Queen of Revolution.” By the time she turns around, Natalya is standing up and drops her with a Backbreaker. Again, Tiffany is picked up, and is powerslammed into the corner. Before letting go, Neidhart wraps the Champion’s foot under the top turnbuckle in the Tree of Woe. Natalya takes several steps back before landing a Dropkick of her own to the face of Tiffany. Natalya picks up for the champion, who can barely hold herself up. Tiffany is lifted on the shoulders and is dropped with Natalya’s finisher, the Rolling Samoan Drop. Natalya Neidhart ends the match with a pin and is crowned the new Women’s Champion.
    -Winner & New Women’s Champion: Natalya Neidhart

-The new Women’s Champion climbs and sits on the top turnbuckle and raises her belt high above her head as the crowd cheers loudly. The show goes off the air, with Natalya high-fiving fans at ringside and Tiffany backing up the ramp, looking sour.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:49 pm